We are connecting biology to computers for the very first time by building a Tech+Bio infrastructure based on proprietary Biology-gated Transistors, or Cardean Transistors. These transistors leverage biocompatible graphene instead of silicon and replace optical signal observations with live-streams of multi-omics signal analysis. Until now, life science data was comprised of static snapshot datasets. Cardea uses Cardean Transistors to build chipsets that can be integrated into thousands of “Powered by Cardea” products and applications with features never before seen. Together with our Innovation Partners, Cardea can link biology to computers and measure real-time biological signals - allowing for a new generation of applications Linking up to Life.
Job Description: As a dynamic, culture-focused organization, we are looking for exceptionally talented and highly self-motivated individuals to join our team to help us advance the use of molecular biology assays with our Cardean Transistors. The ideal candidate will have experience developing and employing a wide variety of assays and will be responsible for leading an exciting new project with commercial applications. For more information about our company and the broad range of applications for our technology, please visit our website, www.cardeabio.com.
- Expertise in CRISPR design and optimization (either animal or plants), including gRNA designs to discriminate between different alleles (based on SNP’s, indels, etc.).
- Design and optimize sample processing, bioconjugation, and surface chemistries with responsibility for integrating those biochemical workflows into new products.
- Explain and present research results orally and in writing, to include external commercial partners as well as internal presentations, external conferences, white papers, and peer reviewed publications
- Perform equally well as a collaborative team member and a strong scientific individual contributor depending on project needs; be highly adaptive to changing project scopes and responsibilities
- Stay up to date with relevant technologies and developments including those relating to molecular and cell biology, biochemistry, and biosensors
- Effectively communicate scientific results and progress across cross-disciplinary teams
- Contribute to building our culture that embraces inclusion, continuous learning, and improvement
- Master’s or PhD in biochemistry, chemistry, molecular biology, or equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong background with bioconjugation to surfaces
- Background in cancer molecular genetics
- Proficient in writing and presenting findings
- Passion for working and learning within a scientifically and technically diverse company
- Able to manage and shift focus between multiple projects
- Familiar with biosensor assay design
- Experience in cancer genetics
- Experience with statistical analysis programs such as JMP
- Worked in a cross-disciplinary environment
- Experience across multiomics disciplines
This position is not approved for relocation or sponsorship assistance.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume if interested.